When you consider luxury summer resorts in Europe then the Mediterranean coastline comes to mind. Italy and the South of France both conjure up pictures of fine hotels and boutiques whilst Spain and Greece have their beautiful white painted villas and well-kept beaches.
However there are a lot of places for summer vacation in Europe (the Danish term is summer fire I Europa) with a luxury experience and some don’t even have a beach. Here we look at seven of the best places in Europe to take a luxury summer vacation, some are in the Med and some are not but they are all fantastic.
- France is one of Europe’s finest countries and is famous for its cuisine and wine as well as the fantastic countryside and scenery. Why not think about renting a French Chateau in the Loire Valley for your Luxury European summer vacation? The Loire Valley in France is home to some wonderful vineyards and wine producers and you can organize a private tasting session at your rented Chateau for you and your friends. Most Chateaus have pools so you won’t miss the beach and all are stunning in appearance.
- Sardinia needs little introduction as one of Europe’s best luxury resorts and many of the world’s celebrities enjoy vacations in the island’s many top class hotels. Porto Cero is the holiday destination of the world’s elite and if money isn’t a problem then this is the place to rub shoulders with the rich and famous.
- Lake Como in Italy is another favorite of the stars and here you can enjoy a perfect luxury vacation. There is a multitude of fine restaurants and hotels that surround the lake or why not think about chartering a yacht with a skipper to help you explore the lake?
- St Tropez is the gem of the South of France and a luxury summer vacation here demands that you dig out your designer shades and outfits. It can get fairly busy during the summer but with careful planning, there is still the opportunity to sample some of the most exclusive cuisine and nightlife of the Mediterranean.
- Venice is another island that simply shouts luxury from every rooftop. The wonderful canals can transport you around the fairytale locations with plenty of choice for magnificent hotels and restaurants.
- The Algarve in Portugal has been a popular summer vacation spot for many years and if it is glamour and luxury hotels that you are looking for then Vila Moura is definitely the place for you. Here you can enjoy marina side dining whilst gaze at the fancy yachts before heading back to one of the many top class hotels that are available.
- Finally, why not consider chartering a barge to take you through some of the most spectacular areas of France. Look toward Burgundy or the Canal du Midi where you can hire a barge and crew to look after your every need. With the crew onboard you have your own personal tour guides to keep you informed of the wonderful history of the regions whilst you relax on the deck with a glass of classic French wine.